Santoku knives are the Japanese version of the chef knife and they can be used for the majority of kitchen tasks. Santoku refers to the three tasks that the knife excels at, slicing, dicing, and mincing. The top edge of the blade aligns with the top of the handle for perfect balance. Most of Dexter Russell’s santoku knives are equipped with a duo-edge blade allowing the knife to slice through everything it cuts. Santoku blades are shorter, lighter, thinner, and stronger than traditional chef knives. A western chef knife generally slices downward and then rocks the tip forward to complete a cut but the santoku relies more on a single downward cut and even landing from the heel to the tip. This creates less of a rocking motion and more of a straight motion.
The SofGrip line is the ultimate choice in non-slip handles. Their soft rubber grip handles reduce stress that may cause fatigue and wrist injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome. Available in black and white, the soft handle allows you to grip tighter to prevent slipping and increase control. Each blade comes with a proprietary DEXSTEEL, stain-free, high-carbon steel blade, with an individually ground and honed edge. Their superior blade shape allows for easier slicing while the unique edge geometry keeps them long lasting. Not to mention, the seal between the blade and the handle will not let in any water or bacteria. NSF Certified. Made in USA.
- Superior blade shape for easier slicing
- Unique edge geometry for long lasting, easily restored performance
- Hand honed to ultimate edge
- Impervious seal of blade to handle for utmost sanitation and durability
- Protective finger guard (top of handle)
- Dexter’s trademarked handle texture provides sure grip
- Ergonomic, slip-resistant
- Proprietary DEXSTEEL blades