Bread can be flaky and very difficult to cut through with most knives, except a bread knife. The scalloped blade will slice through bread without mashing it, and make sure to cut in a sawing motion to get the clean cut you desire. The sharp points on the edge are what allow the blade to cut through bread so easily by breaking through the crust. Straight edge knives will push down on the bread and never break the surface. You will find that Dexter Russell bread knives have either a classic knife handle or an offset handle which keeps your knuckle from getting in the way while slicing. They are especially useful for foods with waxy skin like tomatoes and peppers because the scalloped edge can grip the skin where a straight edge knife might slip.
The SofGrip line is the ultimate choice in non-slip handles. Their soft rubber grip handles reduce stress that may cause fatigue and wrist injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome. Available in black and white, the soft handle allows you to grip tighter to prevent slipping and increase control. Each blade comes with a proprietary DEXSTEEL, stain-free, high-carbon steel blade, with an individually ground and honed edge. Their superior blade shape allows for easier slicing while the unique edge geometry keeps them long lasting. Not to mention, the seal between the blade and the handle will not let in any water or bacteria. NSF Certified. Made in USA.
- Superior blade shape for easier slicing
- Unique edge geometry for long lasting, easily restored performance
- Hand honed to ultimate edge
- Impervious seal of blade to handle for utmost sanitation and durability
- Protective finger guard (top of handle)
- Dexter’s trademarked handle texture provides sure grip
- Ergonomic, slip-resistant
- Proprietary DEXSTEEL blades